Sunday, June 23, 2013

Close call in the rain

I tried to do my long run yesterday, but it was a big fail. I got 3km in, and knew it would do more damage than good! I was tired, my form was bad, and I was miserable. I didn't even save the run on my Garmin. 

Today, I went into Kensington to run on the trail. I thought it would be a nice change to run on the flat trail as opposed to the hills here around home. I checked the weather and it said it would start to rain at about 9, so I headed out at 7 to beat the rain. 

Or, so I thought. 

I pushed start on my Garmin, took about 5 steps and the rain fell. Not pouring or anything, but big giant drops. 

I was wearing my white shirt from the Runway Run and a white sports bra. In the rain. 

There wasn't anyone around, so I figured I'd just keep going until it got too wet. It only lasted a few minutes, though, but sprinkled now and then for the duration of my 6k run. As soon as I finished, I walked over to the boardwalk next to the trail and sat down. And then it started to pour. Good timing! I stopped at the corner store for milk, and got a popsicle too. 

I enjoyed running on the trail. It was nice to be able to focus on running instead of the hills! 

Distance: 6 km
Time: 36 minutes
Average Pace: 6 minutes/km

Splits:
1 - 6:00
2 - 5:53
3 - 6:51
4 - 6:11
5 - 6:02
6 - 6:00

After my run, I showered, then played cars with Little Fox. After Little Fox went to bed, I watched an episode of Deadwood, then stretched and foam rolled. 

It's really pouring now, so I'm off to bed to read and listen to the rain!

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind getting caught in the rain if it starts during my run, but I hate leaving my house and knowing it's already raining....weird I know. I find it quite fun to splash in the puddles too once my feet are wet.

    I am very excited to do the full marathon in PEI. I've never run a race there. It will be my third Atlantic province to do a full marathon in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like running in the rain, and I don't mind leaving the house to run if it's raining... makes me feel hard-core.

      I was worried about wearing a WHITE shirt and getting soaked... like Little Fox would say: No body wants to see THAT! LOL

      We should meet up when you're on the Island!

      Delete