Friday, June 14, 2013

I love my Garmin

I went for a run early this afternoon... basically as soon as my Garmin was charged and I had read the manual.

I loved it. I am not used to wearing something on my wrist, so I "noticed" it and felt like I had to adjust it now and then, but I figure it's like wearing a ring... once it's there for a while you no longer feel it. It's not heavy, and feels only a bit sticky/sweaty during the run.

I turned on the virtual pacer, and I really liked the feedback. I set it for 6 min per km, and if I went too fast (down the big hill) or too slow (up the big hill) it beeped and told me. It also told me when I was on pace.

 I really needed the pace feedback. When the half marathon training starts, it'll be very useful. I'm looking forward to my long run this weekend, now!

I liked having the distance updating in real time, too. I've been using google earth to plan my routes, as well as driving them and checking the distance that way. The garmin tells me that the river rd is a bit over 3.5k, but the car tells me it's exactly 4. I'm thinking the discrepancy is elevation changes in addition to equipment error.  Red Fox and I have joked about setting up the rtk system and I can go for a run with that to see what it is exactly. LOL

I haven't done anything with the data yet... you can upload it to a website and all that. I might look into that tonight after Little Fox is in bed.

Also, I'm super sore today from yoga. Mainly my stomach. :)  My legs have a bit of a "overstretched" feeling, but my stomach has that "getting stronger" feeling.

TGIF!

Having our first bbq of the season tonight. I know we're a little late... the bbq was buried in the garage, so Red Fox pulled it out and the steaks are on!

Tomorrow morning there's a bike rodeo for kids that I might take Little Fox to. Weather depending!

1 comment:

  1. I think you will learn to 'need' your Garmin on the runs as much as you rely on your sneakers! lol....They're addictive!

    ReplyDelete