Saturday, June 15, 2013

Easy 8k

This evening after supper we were outside.... We had a fire going and Little Fox was running/swinging, and I decided that I'd do my "long" run. I had originally planned to do 10k tomorrow, but I did 8k tonight. It was SUCH a nice evening, that I just couldn't pass it up. 

I ran down Cape Road, along the main road to River road, back onto Cape Road right down to the beach and back to our house. It was a nice easy run, I didn't push my pace. I stopped once cause I saw a fox, again to cross the road, and then again cause I walked up that hill... but no "i'm tired/bored so I'll walk" breaks.

8.03km in 51:39 
6:26/km

My toes have been hurting lately. Is it possible that my feet are growing? My casual sneakers hurt my toes, and tonight my running sneakers did too. I have another pair of Saucony's that are about a size bigger... I'll try those next time. 

This morning, after the bike rodeo, we went to Summerside and I picked up some new running tights and a running skirt with some birthday money. I wanted to get some socks too, but Little Fox was being... well, 5, and I had had enough. My jaw was hurting and I had a headache. I think my jaw pain is stress-related, but I don't think it's from clenching my teeth... I think it's just from always having tension in my jaw... my face is never relaxed, and I often have my lower jaw pushed forward (mom, remember that photo of me when I was a kid, petting the goat? Kind of like that).

Now to stretch and go to bed. Fathers Day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Running sneaks should be 1/2 a size larger than your normal footwear. YOu should be able to put a thumb between the tip of your toe and the end of the sneaker.

    I want pics of the tights and skirt!! Sorry...I'm a gear junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL they aren't anything special... just black tights and a black skirt from Walmart! LOL

    I think I "grip" with my toes... My toes always hurt this exact same way after gymnastics. I will try my bigger sneakers and see if that helps.

    ReplyDelete