Friday, June 7, 2013

Holy Half!

At the end of April, I registered for the PEI Marathon 10k race. Well, today, I "upgraded" to the HALF! I'm actually REALLY excited. Last year, when I registered for the 5k at the PEI Marathon, I was literally shaking for a good hour after submitting the registration.

And although I'm not 100% comfortable running 10k yet (meaning, I don't find it "easy"), I'm looking forward to starting the training for the half. I think it will be challenging. It's just under 20k from home to Kensington, so I'll make that my final long run before the race. Make Red Fox meet me at the Frosty Treat as a reward!

I just looked at the registration list on the Running Room website, and didn't see my name. So I thought maybe I registered on the Atlantic Chip site... not there either. Then I panicked, thinking I just scammed the poor PEI Marathon girl into registering me for the half for only 20 bucks (which I would have called about first thing Monday morning!)... I checked my email, and sure enough, the Running Room confirmation email is there... *phew* so hopefully I get added the the master list! Note to self: keep receipt!

Tomorrow morning is the FlyPEI Runway Run (5k) for Habitat for Humanity. Might be a little rainy, but that's ok. Won't be the first time I've run in the rain! Race recap will follow later tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna watch episode 8 of Game of Thrones...only one more til the Red Wedding episode!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Erin! I'm excited to read your posts about training for your half...you can do it!

    Courteney and I are running 5km in the rain tomorrow too....let's hope we don't have to swim to the finish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you guys are going to the the weather much worse than it will be here! I can't wait to see photos of all the die-hard drenched sole sisters! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great job on registering for the 1/2....I too can't wait for the blogging updates. When do you plan to start the training program? Just remember....longer distances=slower pace.

    ReplyDelete