Sunday, March 3, 2013

Friends and Family

Little Fox and I went to Nova Scotia to visit friends, family and new babies.

Early Thursday morning, we left Foxfield. I didn't even get to Ktown before the car told me that it was low on washer fluid. Add one stop to the list. Just before we got to the bridge we came up to a pretty bad car accident. We were there before the emergency vehicles got there. So we waited and waited until they closed the highway. We had to turn around and take another way to the bridge. Add another hour to the trip. Finally we get to NS... but I got on the way to Greenwood. Add another hour to the trip. SEVEN hours later, we get to B and R's.

Oh.My.God. Their little baby girl, Piper was 10 days old and the sweetest little baby I've ever seen. I changed my first girl-diaper, and had lots of snuggles, as well as some good laughs with her mom and dad.


Then we went to Nan and Grampy Scott's. We had supper and went to bed. in the morning, Little Fox and Nan decorated a cake before we went out to play in the snow that fell the night before. It was a lot of snow! We slid down the hill on a cardboard box, and threw lots of snowballs for Molly to catch. When we came in, we had hot chocolate, and then Nan and little Fox put together a lego Mater.




When the road was finally plowed, we went to Granddad's. We all went to Byron's and had a Little Fox got to have a ride in his big John Deere tractor while Byron was plowing the driveway.


After visiting with Granddad, we went back to Nan's for supper with Alex and Alex. They brought their playstation and played Angry Birds. 


That night I went to the hockey game and pub with International Pat. In the morning, Little Fox and I went to A's to see her new baby, Payton. Another sweet baby girl that I can be honorary Auntie to!


After a quick lunch with Nan, we went to visit Aunt Ann/Uncle Ted's, where we also saw Aunt Rose. We left a little note for Grampy Kim, and another for Nana, and then we were on our way back to PEI.

Here's a picture of my 6k run this morning (you can see the ice on the trees!). My mom bought Saucony sneakers about a year ago and didn't like them, so I got another pair of running sneakers! They felt good on my run this morning... I just have to try not to curl my toes under.


No comments:

Post a Comment