Friday, March 22, 2013

Race Schedule

So I've come up with my race schedule for this season. I can't do all the races I wanted to do, because of either money or time. For instance, I wanted to do the Fredericton race, as well as the Halifax Blue Nose, and Charlottetown races, but I just can't fit it into my budget and time. I might have to veto the Blue Nose as well. The first races to be "cut" were the ones off-Island... when you add gas and the Bridge fee (42$), it adds up. Especially if the race is early in the morning and we'd have to stay the night.

April
- 20 - Run Without Borders - Halifax

May
- 5 - Charlottetown Birthday Bash - PEI
- 19 - Blue Nose - Halifax

June
- 15 - Deltaware 5k - PEI

July
- 1 - Canada Day Run - PEI
- 6 - Boardwalk Boogie - PEI
- 10 - 20 min Challenge - PEI (free!)

August
- 7 - Grahams Rd (Campbell Memorial 8k) - PEI (SUPER close to home)
- 16 - Gold Cup Trot - PEI
- 25 - Fido 5k - St. John NB (SO excited about this one... It's a race for dogs!)

September
- 21 - Four Fathers - NS (This is the one I'm most looking forward to. It's beside the wind turbines... Andy, you in??? 5 or 10k, your call!)

October
- 20 - PEI Marathon
- 26 - Halloween Hustle - Kensington PEI

I have a few others (off-Island) on my calendar that I can add at the "last minute" if I have the funds. Fredericton  Amherst, Pictou, Valley Harvest, etc.

So... the only thing on my birthday/mothers day/whatever other holiday gift list... Money for races. Or a bridge pass. Or hotel money. And for Christmas? New sneakers for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment