Monday, March 18, 2013

Growing up

Little Fox is growing up!

Today, he took a shower... I went in with him, wearing my bathing suit (he's pretty aware of "the differences"...)  He's scared of the shower, for some reason, and I think it's about time that he learns that there isn't anything to be scared of. He "cried" for the first few minutes, (making the sounds, but no tears), and was very reluctant, but after a bit he calmed down. He let me wash and rinse his hair, and once he figured out that if he turns his back to the water, he won't get water in his eyes, he'd step into the water all on his own.

He also peeled carrots for supper tonight. After a quick lesson from me, he took over and did a great job.



And the biggest thing was that we got school mail today! We got a letter saying that they will be doing his early years evaluation in April.



This is the first time that I've ever been all teary over "my baby growing up". Other moms I know cried when baby started walking, or cry on each birthday... not me. But this... this is a big step. And it's not a sad feeling for me. It's... pride? excitement? I know he's ready for school. Really, the only thing he has trouble with is remembering the number 14 when counting to 20, and rhyming words. If I ask him what rhymes with something, he'll give me a word that starts with the same letter, instead of a word that ends with the same sound. Anyway, I know he's ready, and he's so adaptable and outgoing that I think he'll have no trouble with the pretty drastic life change. At least, I hope he won't.

In other (unimportant) news, we had roasted hotdogs for lunch today. We had a fire going, and the coals were so perfect for roasting that I couldn't pass it up!

I'll leave you with a picture of our pretty dog warming up beside the fire.




No comments:

Post a Comment