Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rivers

We have a serious river running down our property today! The land is sloped from the field behind us to the road. All the run-off from the field is rushing down our yard, past the swing set, through the trees and onto the road.


Oh, and it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days. (please don't freeze... please don't freeze)

I ran the river road twice today! I stopped at the golf course because their dog was trying to follow me when I went by the first time, and I didn't want to deal with that again, so it was "only" about 7 k. It took me 46 minutes. Next time, I'll do the full 8k. I can totally do it. I'm still running 10 and 1 (run 10 mins, walk 1 min), and walking up most of that giant hill, but I'm having no trouble doing the full 10 minutes, and I run further up that hill every time.

Also, I think I'm going to end up the "home made runner". I've made some sleeves already, and I have some sketches for turning some of my old shirts into running skirts, shorts and shirts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment