Sunday, March 10, 2013

Productive Sunday


I am SUPER dizzy today. Basically, any time I turn my head or shift my focus, my head spins. I was going to run this morning, but thought I might run myself into a ditch. Red Fox and I had our coffee in my sewing room today. Little Fox came in to play while we sipped and chatted. I decided I'd make a pillow for Little Fox using the fabric I bought the other day, and an old pillow. When I was little, I made this little latch hook butterfly that mom turned into a pillow. I used the batting out of that, and since I wanted to be able to wash the pillow cover, I took the batting out and made a case for it out of black cotton. Then I made the outer case with an overlapping back panel so it can be removed. I think it's the neatest sewing project I've ever done. Neat meaning non-messy. 



After that, Red Fox asked me to make a cushion for his workshop stool. I used foam from an old kitchen chair cushion, and cut it to shape. I made a cushion cover out of some thick navy fabric, and some Toronto Maple Leafs flannel I had. I even attached 4 ties. It turned out a little loose, but I'm pretty happy with it, considering it was trial and error, and my first attempt at something like that.


Red Fox went through some of his clothes today (he needs a much bigger closet than I do!) and I grabbed one of the shirts he was going to get rid of. I remade it into a skirt for me. I kinda love it!



After all the sewing, I was feeling pretty good, so decided to go for a short, slow, run with Molly Dog. I had a few dizzy moments, but over all I felt ok, as long as I focused on the road just in front of me. Just as I was by the golf course, a lady walked by and stopped me. Her name was Hughina, and she said that she had just seen a skunk "by the cottages down there". She meant OUR cottages. Awesome. She said that she's seen 3 or 4 in the area. I guess Molly won't be spending much time outside!

On that note, here's a Little Fox quote. (He calls skunks "stunks") "Mommy, in my game, the stunk was caught in a trap, and farted his stunk-ness everywhere!"

Just before supper time, our friends A and LA called and invited us for dinner. Little Fox played video games with J, and we all had a good visit.

All in all, a pretty good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment