Thursday, April 18, 2013

A good day

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal now. A little bit of appetite loss, but that's alright. It's that kind of thing when I can't decide if I'm not really hungry, if if I'm just not hungry for the food we have.

I had a good day of work today, trying to hunt down some glacial flutes. They must be well camouflaged.

I went for another run today, and took Molly Dog with me. She's one heck of an anchor. But the run felt great and I'm feeling better about Saturday. I'm sure you "all" are sick of reading about it, but... it's important to me. A gymnastics friend even signed up to run some of the race with me (Hi Courteney!). Which, honestly, floored me. How cool is it that someone would not just come WATCH but RUN with me, just because she remembers her first 10k race? See Boston Bomber? We runners stuck together. After the race, we're going to stop in and see one of my friends from Acadia, who also worked for CSR for a bit. He and his wife have a new baby, so it'll be excited to visit! He's the one who peer-pressured me into trying the 5k at the PEI marathon last year. So, thanks for that!

Little Fox and I spent some time outside, tracking rabbits (meaning following the trails of poop), checking out the flowers that are peeking out, and we went for a little walk.

At bed time, Little Fox wanted some books, as usual. I grabbed one of the Bob Books that we've been trying to use to help him learn to read, and said first, you read this one to me, then I'll read some to you. Well, our little smartie pants read the Bob Book called Mat (it basically goes: Mat sat. Sam Sat. Sam sat on cat. etc). He read it as if he'd read it a hundred times before. And THEN he read half of Hop on Pop. He did great! I know that some of the Hop on Pop reading was just from memory, but there was also a lot that he legitimately read.

Proud. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment