Sunday, April 7, 2013

House stuff

I've spent today "moving in". I hung pictures in our bedroom and Little Fox's bedroom. Yesterday, Andy helped Red Fox take our dresser upstairs. It will not fit in our room. *sigh* Seriously. We have this big giant house and our furniture won't fit in our room. I guess it's my own fault... I used the biggest room for my office and sewing room. We COULD switch everything... we'll see.

I wish we were "minimalists". I counted Red Fox's t-shirts yesterday. Thirty seven. And that's just the ones that were in the dresser. There are a lot that need to be folded and a lot that need to be washed...

Anyway, Silver Fox came by and took a few of his things that were still lingering here. That freed up a bit of space, but we still have too much stuff. too many couches. We have 3 couch sets inside... and 2 outside on the deck. I know. Can't get much more redneck than have indoor furniture outside.

I'm feeling very overwhelmed with the mess... I feel like I did a LOT today, but what did I do?? I've hardly made a dent in it all. I wish I could have someone help me, but I don't want to hear "where do you want this?" a million times.

I think we're going to make good use of casters in the sun room. Red Fox came up with a great idea. He's going to make the back corner a bar. There is a little bar sink, and some shelves for glasses and bottles (up nice and high). We have an old... we call it "that thing". It's kind of a side board/tall chest thing. Anyway, he's going to slap some casters on that with some more shelving in side, so we can roll it back up against the window when not in use, which will keep the doorway clear. We're also thinking of putting the tv stand on castors. Right now, it's up against the long wall, and the couch is maybe only about 5 feet away from it. That's not nearly enough room if we want to use the Kinect. So I thought if we could turn the tv stand 90 degrees, we'd be able to roll it back far enough to allow the sensor to work.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling about things that are pretty mundane and not relevant to anyone but us "foxes".

Oh yes, yesterday we went to Trivia at a pub in Ch-town with A and LA. (A's daughter babysat! yay!) The topic was crime and punishment/law and order. The questions were all about "famous" criminals or crimes, movies and tv, as well as local stuff. I looked at Red Fox at one point and said "I know nothing, Jon Snow". Seriously, I couldn't even guess at ANY of the answers. Next week is back to the "regular random crap", so I MIGHT stand a chance next week.

Probably not.

2 comments:

  1. You'll find a place for everything, them you will be ready to renovate....

    ReplyDelete