Friday, April 26, 2013

A recon mission

As of now, I'm a full-time geologist again. I was working part time since moving here, but things are starting to pick up (yay for survey season!). Anyway, I stopped working today at about 3:30 and took Little Fox on a run recon mission. I wanted to check out the condition of the trail in K-town.

The best part of the drive to K-town these days are the baby cows. I just wish they'd come closer to the road so I can see them better. It seems like there are more of them every time we go by!


The trail looks good for running. It's slightly rutted from 4wheelers and snowmobiles, but it's not sticky and muddy like I expected! And with the warmer weather that we're expecting this weekend, it can only get better.  We only walked about 2k down, but I see no reason why conditions would change.


I signed up for another run today. The Charlottetown Running Room's "second anniversary" run is on May 5th. I asked my sister-in-law if my niece (13 years old) could run it with me, and I registered us for the 3k race. I'm pretty excited! It will be fun to have a running partner. I just hope she waits for me! She's pretty sporty and could probably sprint the whole thing. 

This weekend is supposed to be nice, so I suggested to Red Fox that we take Little Fox fishing. There's a pond down by the Anne of Green Gables place, and there have been a few people fishing there lately. Conveniently, that is about 5k from home. So my plan is (if we do go fishing) is to drive to the pond with the boys, take a few pics, and then run back home. I haven't been running since last weekend. Ugh. 

OH! BIG NEWS. Well, for us it's big news... we hope! Red Fox got some mail today. We ordered a snore guard. He got it fitted and wore it for a few hours this evening. I hope it works! It could be life-changing!

1 comment: