Sunday, April 28, 2013

Runday Sunday

I've seen those words on Facebook a million times today. But it was a seriously beautiful day for it! First run of the season that didn't require long pants and a jacket.

I had a GREAT run today. I've never had a better run, actually. I ran 6k, although kilometer 2 was a bit of a write-off because my ear buds AND my ponytail kept falling out and it was driving me crazy. I left my phone/headphones in the mailbox, tightened my hair elastic, and kept right on going to the end of River Rd. I thought I'd get bored running without music, but it was great. The birds were singing, there was a slight breeze, and when I ran past the golf course I could hear the sheep and lambs baa-ing. (The golf course is owned by a relative, so last year we got to "meet" some of their baby lambs. We haven't been over yet this spring, but I hear there are a lot of new members in the flock!)

Anyway, I conquered that hill today, for only the second time ever. I told you I had a great run! I didn't feel out of breath at all, and my legs didn't feel tired. I don't know if it was the weather, my new tights, or just the 10k training. I kinda of can't wait til Tuesday to run again!

When I got home, I had a gooood stretch, and a shower before heading back outside to help Red Fox rake up last years leaves.

Holy crap, the LEAVES. I raked the small area between the house and Cottage 4 and ended up with about 5 GIANT piles of leaves. In some spots, they were about 5 inches thick, and WET (read: heavy). I'm going to be sore tomorrow!


A few other miscellaneous stuff:

Here's Little Fox helping grampy and dad with another big load of wood.


And we finally figured out how to make the dresser fit in our bedroom!



2 comments:

  1. Love the new running gear. I ran today as well...and I didn't want to stop as I was so gorgeous in our trails! Here's to the warmer weather and fabulous running! YOu are going to rock the Bluenose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    Yesterday was a great day for a run! Let's hope we are on an upward trend ;) I've had 'hair elastic issues' in the past too....so annoying! I always carry an extra one around my Garmin just in case :)

    ReplyDelete