Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today's run

Another beautiful day! I worked 8-4, doing stuff in ArcMap, which I really enjoy, and then headed out for a run. After Sunday's 6k that felt so easy, I was thinking today's run would be just as good. It wasn't AS good, but it wasn't my worst! I ran 10k in 1:09, my first real fair-weather long run. I'm gonna need a hydration belt. Which I have in the works... I just have to tweak the details a bit. Also, running sunglasses. My regular sunglasses keep sliding down and don't block the sun as much as I'd like. However, do you have any idea how expensive prescription running sunglasses are? The cheapest I've found is about 200 dollars, just for the frames. I might just give in and get contacts, but I never really liked wearing contacts. Maybe they've improved in the meantime and will be more comfortable...?

I registered for the PEI Marathon 10k this morning. As far as I can tell, it's the only race in PEI that gives out medals! If I had the money, I'd be in NS every weekend for the races with medals! Anyway, I registered Little Fox for the kid's Spud Run again this year. It's a "race" around the track at UPEI. He did it last year, and had a good time. Every time he past someone he'd look at them over his shoulder and yell "HA HA HA HA!" in this evil voice. I was a bit mortified (hello? good sportmanship award at my first ever gymnastics competition!) but it was so funny that even the parents of the kids he passed laughed.

In other news, I'm having some pain in my jaw lately. It's been happening off an on for months, but it's becoming more on than off. I called the dentist, because I thought it would be easier to get in to see a dentist here on PEI than a medical doctor (loooong waiting lists for doctors here, also, we don't have PEI health cards yet). The dentist wasn't booking until OCTOBER! I explained the problem, and they fit me in for xrays and a jaw exam in 2 weeks. The problem is that it feels like my teeth don't fit together properly when I bite down... like my lower jaw is too far forward and slightly crooked. It hurts to clench my teeth or chew. Actually, when I chew, I can't really "grind" my food, (sorry if that was gross), and my molars barely touch each other. Anyway, I'll be interested to see what the dentist has to say.


2 comments:

  1. Do you grind your teeth at night?

    My run sucked too. My legs were so heavy. Heather says it's because I don't hydrate well enough during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might grind my teeth. Blaine's never said that I do, but I have little indentations on the front of my bottom teeth which were cause by rubbing against the back of my top teeth, so it's likely. I'm not sure that that is what is causing this though... cause my jaw feels better in the morning, and then gets progressively worse as the day goes on. But what do I know? haha

    I know I don't hydrate properly during the day. I'm always afraid I'll have to pee during my run, and my route is surrounded by fields, so no cover to pee! They were plowing and spreading poop on the fields today... stinky.

    ReplyDelete