Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kindergarten Evaluation Day!

We just got back home after Little Fox's kindergarten assessment. He did great. They had stations set up in the gym at the school. There were maybe 8 stations. The lady came out of the gym, and came over to Little Fox. She asked if he'd like to go in the gym with her to look at some colours and animals and things. Little Fox said "Am I going to do some learning?" and off he went, with one big grin and wave back at us. Zero hesitation.

Red Fox and I had to full out a questionnaire while he was in the gym, and when we finished, we peeked in to watch. They were looking at big flash cards with letters, numbers, colours and pictures of animals on them. I could hear the lady saying "c-c-c-car, c-c-c-cat...", which Little Fox knows. They did some gross motor skills stuff, such as walking backward, standing on one foot, jumping, and throwing a bean bag.



When they were finished, they came out and the lady said that Little Fox did great, and that he's a very hard worker. I think Little Fox worked his magic and had her completely charmed. She didn't mention anything that needed work, so I guess we're good to go. I THINK they send us a "report", and I hope they do! Little Fox got 2 stickers as a reward for all his hard work.


In other news, we're in the midst of mud season here in PEI. We got stuck in the mud in the driveway yesterday. We saw this on the way home... 


See that red speck?? That's a pickup truck. How did they even plow that??

I'm resting my foot this week, so I haven't been running, and trying not to walk too much. There's a race on Saturday (5k) which is a fundraiser for the school that Red Fox went to, so I'm hoping to run that.

No comments:

Post a Comment