Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Nova Scotia Quickie

We made a quick trip to NS yesterday. Red Fox had a meeting, and I had to sign the papers for the sale of the house. We left at about 8am, and got to the lawyers office at 12:00. At 12:01, I was finished signing my name, and we went for lunch.

While Red Fox was at his meeting, Little Fox and I had an awesome time at the Discovery Centre.

 
Little Fox paws in a polar bears paw prints.
 Just before this photo, the bear roared and "scared da poop outta us".

 They had a presentation showing the difference between black gears, grizzlies and polar bears. We were the only ones watching. The polar bear skull was huge, and the black bear skull was tiny in comparison.


 Col. Chris Hadfield. One of my heroes these days. I'm following him on facebook, and his photos are incredible. I love watching the "geology go by" when I'm in a plane... I can't imagine being in the International Space Station... I've never get my nose unstuck from the window!
 We had a lot of fun in the bubble room. The tube one was broken (the one you stand in and it makes a bubble around you), so we played with this one instead. We got some pretty great bubbles out of that thing!
 I had fun with this. As Little Fox and I put the puzzle together, I pointed out all the body parts by tickling him. It's a good thing we were the only ones in there, cause man that kid can squeal!
They had a 3D movie about polar bears. It was pretty awesome. Don't we look great in our giant 3D movie glasses? It was almost an hour long, and I thought Little Fox would lose interest, but he was riveted the whole time. There was one scene where a starving bear  ate (GROSS ALERT) a decaying bear... and there was a lot of serious close-ups of that dead bear. I think a movie aimed at kids could have left that part out. I covered Little Fox's eyes. 

Red Fox's meeting lasted longer than we expected, so I missed getting in to the office by 20 minutes. I don't have a key for the new lock (are they trying to tell me something?) so we couldn't grab our stuff that Red Fox stashed there last time. We went to "the yellow house" and emptied the shed. I didn't feel comfortable just going inside, since it is officially their house now, so I left them a note and told them they can discard the stuff in the stuff in the fridge. Honestly, I peeked in as many windows as I could, but they haven't begun to move in yet, but still...

Anyway, we were on our way back to PEI after a quick supper at the Big Stop in Enfield. We had breakfast for dinner. On our way home, Red Fox was tired. I've noticed that if I ask him about something he's really interested in, he'll talk for ever. Last time he explained differential equations. I still don't get it. This time I asked him to tell me about electric circuits... I did half-decent (B+) in that portion of physics class in university, but couldn't remember the details. I'll have to think of something else for the next trip. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment