Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend recap

OK. So. Long weekend. Long. So this post will probably be mostly pictures. I should save this for a wordless Wednesday post, but meh.

Dad arrived on Thursday, just as we were sitting down for a ... oh wait. I blogged this already. Coloring eggs and all that. It seems like oh-so-long-ago.

Moving on then, to Saturday. Mom and Scott arrived at about supper time on Saturday. After the boy's bed time, we all sat around and talked, drank wine and ate chocolate bars. Then we prepared for Easter morning and went to bed.

Easter Morning.
I see one!!!

After the fun of baskets, egg hunting and breakfast, I asked, very sweetly, if they would help us move our stuff in from the trailer. Thank God they said yes. So the trailer doors opened and furniture was moved. Mom and I moved old furniture out while the guys moved our stuff in. We stopped part way through for lunch.

Everything is now in the house. Scattered around willy-nilly (haha), but at least it is INSIDE. We have our bed set up, but the bedroom set won't fit easily in the room. Boo. The only way is to have the bed on an angle, with one bedside table in the window recess, and I still don't know where the dresser will fit.

I moved Little Fox's bedroom furniture, so now there's So much more room for activities.

We had ham for supper, with mom's baked beans and home made bread. 


We also had raisin cake that happened to have carrot in it. ("There isn't enough cake matrix surrounding the raisin grains to hold this cake conglomerate together" - my wine-induced geology-cake joke. This wasn't the only one. Not all of them geology related.)


Other than that...

The dogs played.

And slept.



Little Fox played and read and painted and coloured.




I finally got a picture of Red Fox with the sword I got him for Christmas.


AND I convinced Little Fox that home made chicken soup isn't disgusting and he finally tried it. Loved it. Actually asked for it again for supper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment