Thursday, April 25, 2013

Blue Nose

Me, showing my bluenose pride at the relaunch of the "new" Bluenose II

I just registered for the Blue Nose 10k. I'm shaking, for some reason. Excited, yet kinda terrified. There will be So.Many.People there, and I'm afraid I'm going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also, I'm going to admit that Halifax kind of scares me! I'm obviously a small-town girl.

Thanks to a ride from someone here in PEI (someone I haven't met yet) and my cousin Mer who is letting me bunk at her place, I'll be there! She lives about 1km away from the race start, so I'll be able to get a decent warm-up on my way there.

I'm so excited to run over the bridge!

4 comments:

  1. I warn you....the bridge is deceiving...you'll want to run palms up for sure!!!!

    Excited for you!!! The energy will carry you a long way that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've been warned about the bridge! LOL I was thinking about that palms up thing. I think maybe it's because it makes you pull your shoulder blades back, kinda opens the chest and maybe helps you breathe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki and I walked across once, we were suppose to be somewhere else! I was a long way....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to sign up!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete