Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Running almost 10k

Red Fox checked my running distance just after I finished. It WAS 9k. From here to The Anne of Green Gables museum. In an hour.


I feel WAY better about the upcoming 10k race. I was worried that it would take me an hour and a half to run it, and that I'd come in last by a long shot. I don't mind coming last, but I don't want it to be embarrassingly last! I just want to finish, with a respectable time. Today's run was HARD. It was so windy that it was hard to breathe. I got sand blown in my face a few times, and my hat blew off. Eyes watering. The way back was a little better with the wind behind me, helping me. And honestly, the roads I run on are pretty hilly.

I also made my running board today, complete with my favorite Forrest Gump quote. Maybe someday it will be as full as my gymnastics one was!

1 comment: