Friday, April 5, 2013

Am I an Island Girl now?

I went to the K-town Running and Walking Group this morning. They meet on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday every week just to walk or run together. No formal instruction, just to add a social aspect to your run.

On Friday's, they meet at 9am. I knew that there wouldn't be many people there, as it's you know... work time. The first person I contacted about running here in PEI was a woman we'll call LH. She started a running group of local "girls", called the Island Girls. LH added me to Facebook, so I knew that she recently had a baby. I assumed she'd be on mat leave and that she'd be there this morning. So instead of running, I did a 5k walk with her, since she can't run with her baby yet.  I commented that I feel like I don't really belong at races yet, and she said that she'd get me an Island Girls shirt, and that it will let people know "who I am". So... does that mean I'm in the club? That's it? One walk? No "shark bait - hoo ha ha" initiation? Awesome.

My foot is killing me. Apparently, I can run 9k no problem with my foot, but walking causes pain. Noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment